It’s that time of year again – our lives are filling with pumpkin spice as the leaves begin to fall. While you’re enjoying all that this beautiful season has to offer, make sure your home is “fall ready” to avoid unwanted surprises throughout the colder months!
Not sure how to prepare? Take a look at these helpful tips:
- Have your gas furnace serviced by a qualified company every two years to keep it running efficiently. Additionally, turn on your pilot light.
- If your unit has central air conditioning, open the humidifier damper and clean the humidifier.
- Examine the forced air furnace fan belt for wear and tear, looseness or noise.
- Disconnect the motor in the fan belt and clean fan blades of any dirt or grime build-up.
- Your furnace filter should be replaced every month. Check yours to determine if it’s time for a change. Heat recovery filters should be checked bi-monthly.
- Vacuum down inside your ducts to improve overall air quality.