Here are some of our favorite reasons to choose modular and a few of the common myths about factory built housing debunked.
(1) Modular Homes are Stronger
They have a proven track record of standing up to severe weather.
- See how they fared against a 2011 tornado’s 160 MPH winds
- Manufactured and modular homes vs. high winds video demonstration
- Why FEMA says modular homes are stronger
Factory built homes are built to ensure a secure trip to your property and use an estimated 20-30% more framing lumber for structural strength. Adhesive, screws and steel strapping are used to fasten components together to ensure structural stability during transport. Here are a few of our manufacturer’s construction features that ensure additional rigidity:
- The wall systems employ a continuous 2 x 4” belt rail to the entire wall
- Galvanized straps are installed every 48”, securing the framing to the floor
- Exterior wall sheathing is glued and stapled to the studs and belt rails leaving no exterior sheathing unsupported by framing
Galvanized steel straps installed on the framing Continuous belt rails on the entire walls
(2) Modular Homes are More Energy Efficient
Factory built homes are significantly more energy efficient than their site built counterparts. Industry mandated increased insulation and stringent building practices result in savings to the homeowner for years to come.
Our manufacturer’s building specifications that increase energy efficiency:
- Unique header detail makes it possible to insulate the header, reducing thermal bridging
- Minimum R20 fiberglass insulation in the walls and R40 in the ceilings
- Vapor barrier installed continuously around the home
- All openings are sealed with caulking
- Double glazed low emissivity windows are standard
All of these unique features create a tight structure and a more energy efficient building.
Insulated header Continuous vapour barrier
(3) Factory Built Homes are Easily Customizable
In fact, modular construction offers design sophistication that will exceed all expectations. If you’re hoping for a completely unique blueprint, many of our homebuyers find it useful to start the process by looking through our existing floor plans.
(4) Modular Homes are Built Faster
(5) Modular Homes are Built in a Climate Controlled Environment
MMaterial storage at a typical site build Material storage at a home building factory
If any of these reasons appeal to you, you owe it to yourself to have another look at today’s modular housing. It is a better way to build.